- On View Now
May 21 to July 9, 2016
b. 1983 Richmond, British Columbia, Canada
Lives and works in Los Angeles
University of Southern California – Roski School of Fine Arts
Master of Fine Arts degree program (2013)
Emily Carr Institute of Art and Design
Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree, Visual Arts Major (2005)
École Nationale Supérieure des Beaux Arts
Exchange program in Paris, France (2004)
Solo and Two Person Exhibitions
- Reincarnation Clash, solo exhibition with China Art Objects, Los Angeles
- When I am Music Kissing Musician, Kunstverein Toronto at the Material Art Fair, Mexico City
- Stone Gloves, Harmony Murphy Gallery, Los Angeles
- A Club Called Animals, Model Projects, Vancouver
- Over-Mind, Finley Gallery, curated by Sarah Lehrer Graiwer, Los Angeles
- Booth for NADA Miami Beach for Artist Curated Projects, with Sam Gordon
- Dienstag Abend, curated by Barbara Rüdiger, Vesch, Vienna, with Catharina Wronn
- Feeling Tones, University of Southern California, Los Angeles
- Mixed Pictures, curated by Jonathan Middleton, Or Gallery, Berlin
Selected Group Exhibitions
- How To Make a Living Day, curated by cheyanne turions, Doris McCarthy Gallery, University of Toronto, Scarborough, Ontario
- The Fraud, Audain Gallery, curated by Amy Kazymerchyk and cheyanne turions, Simon Fraser University, Vancouver (forthcoming)
- C-C Artists Programme, Tate St. Ives, St. Ives
- A Line in the Sand, Artist Curated Projects, Los Angeles
- Blind White, Diaz Contemporary, Toronto
- Tribal Tats, Arturo Bandini, Los Angeles
- Persian Rose Chartreuse Muse Vancouver Grey, curated by Mina Totino, Equinox Gallery, Vancouver
- Cherub, curated by Andrew Berardini and Brian Kennon, 2nd Cannons, Los Angeles
- Where Does It Hurt? curated by Jonah Gray, Artspeak Gallery, Vancouver
- Flowers in the Hot Tub, Artist Curated Projects, Los Angeles
- Another Cats Show, 356 Mission Road, Los Angeles
- August, with Shannon Ebner and Adam Putnam, curated by Tyler Coburn, Galerie Mezzanin, Vienna
- Thought Bungalow, Artist Curated Projects, Los Angeles
- RBC Canadian Painting Competition, National Gallery of Canada, Ottawa
- The Stand In (Or A Glass of Milk), curated by Alexandra Gaty and Lauren Mackler, Public Fiction, Los Angeles
- Invagination/ Write to Life, Night Gallery, Los Angeles
- Superpositions, New Wight Biennial, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles
- Phantasmagoria, Presentation House Gallery, curated by Helga Pakasaar and Reid Shier, Vancouver
- Rope of Sand, Soi Fischer, Toronto
- La Conference, site specific project for a conference by the Lacan Salon, Vancouver
- All the Rest is Literature, curated by Vincenzo Latronico, with Maria Fusco, Artissima Art Fair, Turin, Italy
Berardini, Andrew, “Future Greats.” Art Review, March 2015.
Coburn, Tyler, August. Exhibition catalogue published on the occasion of the exhibition August, with Shannon Ebner and Adam Putnam, curated by Tyler Coburn, Galerie Mezzanin, Vienna, 2013.
Fusco, Maria, “Looking Back: Books”. Frieze. No. 104. London: January 2007.
Fusco, Maria, “Report: Contemporary Art Writing and its Environs”. Map Magazine. Online journal, Issue 15: Summer 2008.
Hart, Sydney, Review of Where Does It Hurt. C Magazine, Issue 124, Winter 2014.
Hudson, Suzanne, Review of Stone Gloves. Artforum. March 2015.
Peck, Aaron, “Aaron Peck in Vancouver”. Akimblog, June 12, 2012
Stadler, Eva Maria and Bettina Leidl and others, Why Painting Now. Exhibition catalogue for Curated By, Vienna, 2013.
Szewczyk, Monika, Review of Persian Rose Chartreuse Muse Vancouver Grey. Artforum July 2014.
Turner, Michael, “A Look at Painting as Journey in Vancouver,” Review of Persian Rose Chartreuse Muse Vancouver Grey. Canadian Art, review posted online April 9, 2014.
Various, RBC Canadian Painting Competition 2013, Exhibition catalogue for RBC Canadian Painting Competition 2013.
Various, Superpositions, New Wight Biennial, Exhibition catalogue. University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, 2012.
Various, The Stand In (Or A Glass of Milk), Exhibition catalogue. Public Fiction, Los Angeles, 2015.
- Spoiled Rotten, artist book, in collaboration with Kate Hall. Self published.
- Rats in Rat Hole, artist book, in collaboration with Kate Hall. Self published.
- “Flying” text for newsletter for Laurel Doody gallery, edited by Fiona Connor and Kate Newby, Los Angeles.
- “Yellow Snail,” text for The Eyelash and the Monochrome, solo exhibition, Tiziana La Melia, at Mercer Union, Toronto.
- Untitled text, Night Papers V, Night Gallery, Los Angeles.
- “Talk to Me,” Night Papers III, Night Gallery, Los Angeles.
- “Letter from a Young Woman in Vancouver,” text for Canada Pavilion at the Venice Biennale, Conservative shithead, Paris.
- Guest editor of Pyramid Power 8, Fall/Winter 2010. Vancouver. Contributors: Neil Campbell, Michele di Menna, Judith Hopf, Tiziana La Melia, Valentina Liernur, Trevor Mahovsky, Eileen Myles, Ruairiadh O'Connell, Isabelle Pauwels, Molly Sigalet, Peter Schuyff, Michael Turner and Jess Wiesner.
- “In Defense of Things,” The Happy Hypocrite Issue 4, Book Works, London, ed. Maria Fusco.
Awards and Scholarships
RBC Canadian Painting Competition Finalist (2013)
University of Southern California, Teaching Assistant Fellowship (2011, 2012, 2013)
BC Arts Council Senior Scholarship (2012)
Canada Council Travel Grant (2010)
Helen Pitt Award (2005)
BC Arts Council Senior Scholarship (2003)
- Private Area